Quicksmarts Leadership founder Jonathan Silk is an experienced leader and organizational leadership coach with a proven record of leading and developing others to perform at higher levels and improve their overall effectiveness. He has a passion for learning and developing others to improve as leaders.
As an organizational leadership coach and consultant, Jonathan partners with individuals and teams to recognize their full potential through coaching and training. Coupling his knowledge of leader development with his leadership experience, he works with his clients to improve their performance as leaders on both a personal and organizational level. He has worked with clients from the Sportswear, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Auto, Hospitality, and Soft drink industries.
Jonathan brings lessons from experiences leading in U.S. Army Infantry, Cavalry, and Armor units in a wide range of assignments, to include leading soldiers in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Korea. As a U.S. Army officer he established a record of high performance in complex, volatile, and dynamic environments. He is a decorated veteran, awarded the Bronze Star with "V" for Valor and Purple Heart, and a recipient of the General Douglas MacArthur Leadership Award. Jonathan served as a faculty member at the United States Military Academy at West Point, NY before transitioning from the Army in 2015.
Perspective on Leadership
"I have been fortunate to have been developed by some outstanding leaders who took a generational approach to my development by developing me to lead, learn, and develop others with an eye for future generations. I bring an intense desire to develop others and help them discover the inspiration that fuels their desire to lead. I have a passion for learning and by drawing on my extensive leadership and academic experiences I help develop programs and solutions to fit clients needs.
As a combat veteran I know that leadership can be challenging. The best plans change; communications are misunderstood; and people behave in all sorts of unexpected ways under stress. This article and this blog post share a vivid glimpse of leading in dynamic and dangerous environments. I was there, and these life experiences influence my approach to being a leader, coaching and developing other leaders."
- Jonathan Silk
Education, Certifications and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Total SDI Strength Deployment Inventory
- Hogan Personality Inventory; Hogan Development Survey; and Motives, Values Preferences Inventory Certification
- Hay Group Emotional and Social Competency Inventory (ESCI) 360 Assessment Certification
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Certification
- Neethling Brain Inventory (NBI) Certification
- Design Thinking Executive Course, Hasso Plattner Institute of Design, Stanford University
- Advanced Coaching Certificate, Columbia Coaching Certification Program, Columbia University
- Master of Arts Learning Technologies, Pepperdine University
- Masters in Business Administration, University of Texas at Dallas
- BLS Business Administration, Louisiana State University (Alexandria Campus)
- Distinguished Military Graduate, U.S. Army Officer Candidate School, Fort Benning, GA